Re: [doc] fuel accumulator part no

Hi

Thanks Richard.

as yet i haven't checked for a spark, but i think there is one as it
does seem to try to start then dies.
i wanted to run the engine for a few minutes before trying to change
the plugs.

I will put more petrol in just in case i've run most out!!.
Considering its sat 11 years its in surprisingly good nick. one or
two bits of frame rust (one area will need welding)
But overall OK.
heater fans are dead, so is passenger elec window, stereo, and
indicators. none of which should be too much trouble with some
electrical cleaner. Craig Stereo looks brand new
Can't wait to drive her (or at least start!!)

Thanks again

Regards

Steve

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Tomlinson
<nickandkathryntomlinson@xxxx> wrote:
> Steve,

> Fuel Accumulators are only there to help keep system pressure up to
help hot starts (prevent fuel vapour by keeping it under pressure)

> I presume you have checked the obvious like you have a spark at the
spark plugs, timing is correct, you have enough fuel in the tank to
cover the pick up pipe and pump inlet (in case there is a split here
etc.

> Try and hold the metering flap down by 1cm and get someone to start
the engine. You may have the metering flap adjustment screw too lean
so NOT getting the correct ratio of fuel to air by displacement of
the metering flap.

> With all things, without actually being abe to look at the engine
it's hard to diagnose whats wrong.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk