RE: [doc] fuel accumulator part no

Steve,

Your cold start valve is what's allowing the car to kick into life. That
bit is probably OK.

The most likely reason for lack of activity is the plunger is stuck
inside your fuel metering head. My car had sat for the same amount of
time, and this was indeed the cause.

Remove your metering head (petrol everywhere) and tip it upside down.
There's a plunger in the middle which should just plop out, if it's
stuck you need to free it up. This may involve soaking with
acetone(don't know if this works - never tried it) or in my case I
chucked the whole lot in some degreaser overnight. Read D'lightful
Christmas Part Two........

The plunger is a petrol tight machine fit(no seals) so be careful not to
score it. If you have to get a new head they're GBP400 (GBP360 trade)!!!

Are you sure you _need_ to replace your accumulator? They're not cheap,
and mine was perfectly OK.

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274 (in bits - millions of bits)

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk