[doc] Re: Filming for BBC1 Series

Hi Zoe

Just caught today's episode of "seemed like a good idea at the time" and
thought I'd drop you a line. Firstly, I know that you do not make the
decisions regarding footage used or not but those who took part at the
filming in Knebworth park are slightly miffed that none of our footage
was actually used - a lot of fuel got drunk that day!

Secondly, there was a collective sigh that even in the 45 second segment
afforded the DeLorean, although you did not pick on the car as promised,
you didn't exactly do your homework on some basic facts!

There were nearly 9000 DeLoreans produced, and Maggie Thatcher DIDN'T
put up the money!!! It was the previous Labour government that did, and
Thatcher finally put the nail in the coffin. Some nice creative use of
DeLorean's interview after his ACQUITTAL asking "would you buy a used
car from me?" just goes to show that tabloid journalism is alive and
well in the BBC....

Oh, and the APT (tilting train) cost only £60million and it was
under-funding the killed it. 20 Billion??!?!?! - luckily those of us who
has been watching Pete Waterman on Trains on Channel 4 lately know a bit
more about it..(and no, I'm not a train-spotter - I just like "living
history")

Oh, and Segways are great fun - but I'll shut up now....

http://tinyurl.com/6md98

Best Wishes

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk