[doc] 25th Celebrations/ Lotus06.

For those people who could not make our AGM at the NEC. One important
topic discussed was the 25th celebration of the first production car in
spring 06, which also coincides with the DOC's 10th anniversary.

Full details will be circulated to members via the magazine and the
"members only" section of the website.

Basically the American based "DOA" has in the passed, organised
"Euro-fest". The DOC fully participated last time and it was a "duel
event". This time things will be different. As the DOA's membership
numbers have dramatically reduced in the last few years and ours have
grown, for reasons best known to them selves, the DOA has deliberately
"side lined" the DOC. Or as the DOA's man in N.I. put it:......
"Eurofest 2006 is sponsored by the DOA and run in partnership with
DeLorean Owners in Ireland" (DOI)..... "Frankly, DOC don't have the
necessary finance to merit a partnership"......"There are sufficient
Owners in Ireland to run the event"..."Many of my old friends in the DOC
will be invited, if they decide not to attend then that's their
business".

This whole issue was fully discussed at our AGM. Our Northern Ireland
representative, who attend the "DOI/DOA" meeting, answered questions
from the floor and I read out certain documents and emails.

The general feeling was that if we weren't fully welcome, then we would
not attend. Instead it was suggested that we hold our own event in
Norfolk, "Lotus06", near to the Lotus factory, where we have already
obtained permission to use the Test track, where our beloved cars were
developed and refined. After some discussions it was felt that if we
held our event "very near" to the date of "euro-fest 06" then American/
international enthusiasts (or indeed anyone)  could also attend both
events if they so wish. This proposition was voted on and overwhelmingly
accepted by our meeting.

Dave Howarth gave the financial report, which showed the clubs finances
to be in excellent shape.

The club constitutions was discussed and accepted.

This is what we will now do; "Lotus06" is a firm commitment. We have
never been an "exclusive" club and welcome any DeLorean enthusiast, no
matter where they come from.

PLEASE don't let's start a "slanging match" over the 2006 events. Any
constructive comments/ suggestions are most welcome. I have a growing
list of celebrity speakers lined up; and places to see, it promises to
be a brilliant event!

Regards
Chris Parnham Hon Sec. DOC UK
DOC 2