Re: [doc] Dreams of a sports car

A couple of days before I brought home 2908 I was scared and nervous
at the thought of driving a car 600 miles that I had only ever sat in.
All I thought of was what could go wrong and it is still only a
project car with a lot of work since I bought it.
But after the experience of driving from Holland to Ireland I would
do it again anytime.

Declan

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Troy Knight" <dmc.knight@xxxx> wrote:
> Don't worry this sounds just as sad I've already made myself a mix
CD with all songs I'd like to cruse in a delorean to, and I haven't
even got a driver's licence yet!

>  I've always been into cars, I think it started when I was about 4
years old and my dad bought me a 1/24 model of a ferrari testarossa
and I loved it, It's not my favourite car but that's what started my
love for cars. Next I was whatching BTTF with my dad one day and he
said that I would like this movie because it has a sports car in it,
I couldn't stop whatching it after that day and couldn't stop
dreaming about the car, that's what started my obsession with
deloreans.

> I think that is what is so great about a car with history is
because it's interesting to know.

> Your Pal
> Troy

and have been at this stage now for the last year! It's just that
thought that one day I'm actually going to own my very own D and it's
such a fantastic feeling. Everytime I hear 'The Power of Love' I can
imagine myself driving around in my D and I get the shivers (I know
it sounds really sad, doesn't it!!)
>   I never really used to be into cars that much when I was younger,
and I have to admit up until about two years ago I didn't know what a
DeLorean was! I'd always loved the BTTF films, but there was
something special about that car. I assumed that it was especially
made for the films, little did I know this dream machine actually
existed! When I finally saw a DeLorean for the first time without the
Cooling towers and other bits & bobs attached, it was a case of WOW!
and that's pretty much when this whole obsession began for me!

>   Carl - DOC361
>

>   Troy Knight <dmc.knight@xxxx> wrote:
>   Wow that's a lovely story, you should write it down and get it
printed in the magazine.

>   Your Pal
>   Troy

Chrispy in
>     Derby and didnt get back to Stevenage till about 11pm.
>
>     It wasnt really until the next morning, when we pulled back the
car
>     cover and started exploring our new purchase properly that it
really
>     sank in.
>
>     We knew we'd bought a wreck, so I guess we wernt that
disappointed
>     really!! ;oD
>
>     I think we (well Dave!) was more excited when he bought #6457.
I have
>     to confess I had very little interest in DeLorean's until we
got that
>     one home and rapidly discovered what an experience owning and
living
>     with a DeLorean can be.  From that moment I was hooked and when
Flopsy
>     arrived about 18mths later our DeLorean family was complete!
>
>     Claire
>     #2292 VUR594W
>     DOC171

are assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **