  From: jamesrguk [mailto:James_rg@xxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: 18 July 2004 21:20
  To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [doc] Re: Front fascia

  Wes,

  Well, I am a bit tight on money at the mo, what with the cost of the
  re-trim, so I will probably go for the Mercedes silver, we have just
  had our merc boot lid re-sprayed and I have the colour details.

  That's close enought for me, I am not too worried about complete
  originality on my car.

  The last time I did them I used a slightly darker grey and didn't
  lacquer them, but despit that they looked great for 2 years, with no
  crazing etc...

  Unfortunalty when cleaning the car at work one day, I picked up the
  wrong cleaner and accidently used G101 Truck Wash (used for de-
  greasing the 5th wheel on tractor units)........whoops.

  Anyway the total cost of re-painting them was about £20 including
  paint, primer & wet'n'dry paper & masking tape., so I am going to
  give them annouth bash.

  Thanks for all the advice, I will let you know how I get on :-)

  James

  --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
  > Hi James
  >
  > We've started sending "our" fascias to a body shop who've done a
  > fantastic job of establishing a process that works on the
  DeLorean's
  > fascias. One thing's for sure though, any old solvent-based paints
  cause
  > no end of problems. The colour they use is indeed a mercedes
  shade, not
  > sure which it is, but they also apply a matt lacquer mixed with
  some
  > special formulation for a non-crackable surface.... I don't
  pretend to
  > understand it myself, but I've had mine done and couldn't be
  happier.

  > FYI it's £250 for each fascia, should anyone want us to do theirs.
  This
  > excludes the time it takes to remove and replace them
  >
  > Martin
  >
  > jamesrguk wrote:
  >
  > > Westley,
  > >
  > > I am in the middle of re-painting my fascias, I have rubbed them
  > > down and used a plastic etching primer. Do you know what colour
  > > use.
  > >
  > > I resprayed mine a couple of years ago in a darker colour but
  had a
  > > small accident with some chemicals a few months ago and so have
  > > decided to redo them, but I have nothing to compair the colour
  to.

  > > I think it may actually be the same silver colour to my mums 1979
  > > mercedes.
  > >
  > > Also if you could tell me where to get it that would be great too
  > >
  > > cheers
  > >
  > >
  > > James
  > >
  > >
  > >
  > > DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
  > > ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
  > > assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **
  > >
  > >
  > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

  subject=Unsubscribe>

  > >     * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
  > >       Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
  > >
  > >
  > > .

  DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

---