Re: [doc] CUSTOMS CLEARANCE & brakes update!!!!!!!!!

Re: [doc] CUSTOMS CLEARANCE & brakes update!!!!!!!!!

Hi Dean,

>From when the ship brought #1772 back home it took 2 days to get it unloaded
and another 3 days to clear customs.  This involved bugging my shipping
agent on a daily basis and I also risked leaving for Southhampton on the 3rd
day when it hadn't even cleared!!!!!!!

Really don't advise leaving until you know its definately clear.  I had a 6
hour wait and I literally had to go to the customs office in Southampton and
bang the door down for someone to sort it!!  You should be given 7-14 days
free storage anyway but I know you will want to go and get your pride and
joy asap!!!

BTW all.  Just to let you know for replacement rear caliper seal kits.  You
will need a FRONT seal kit (lucas girling part) from an early Jaguar XJS not
the rear.  It seems the front calipers were 4 pot on the Jaguar so you will
have spares too!

Cost about £17 from my local independant Jag dealer.

All the best

Peter
DOC 328 & Vin #1772