RE: [doc] Cough, Cough, Splutter - Fixed (maybe)

RE: [doc] Cough, Cough, Splutter - Fixed (maybe)

Thanks everyone for your kind assistance,

I checked out all your suggestions. All seems OK.

This morning I just thought 'sod it' and chucked a bottle of injector
cleaner in with 20quids worth of petrol.
All the lumpy running _**seems**_ to have disappeared. I drove it up and
down the dual carriageway all around Derby. Stopped it started it,
everything is fine...?!
Maybe it was something blocked that has now cleared, maybe it's lulling
me into a false sense of security, and it's gonna do it all over again
in another 30 miles, time will tell......

Noooowwwww my new trouble is the clutch, which is slipping like a
bugger. I checked out my fluid reservoir and all the fluid has
disappeared! I strongly suspect the slave cylinder is leaking since I
noticed fluid drops on the chassis under the housing (which I wiped off
quick).

The manual says simply remove the two bolts securing the cylinder. Yeh
right. I can barely _see_ the cylinder, let alone get to the bolts. Is
this a nightmare of a job?? Any tips?

Thanks again to all
Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274 (on probation)