Re: [doc] Wierd Electrical Problems

Hi Alistair

You're really lucky - I got your e-mail when my wiring diagram was right
behind me!!!

The inertia switch is a device located in the driver's footwell. Its
function is to cut the fuel pump in the event that the car experiences
an impact. It ALSO grounds the "unlock" sense wire to the door lock
module, unlocking the doors. This is the ONLY connected system between
the door locks and anything related to the engine.

I'm going to guess here that the inertia switch is either faulty or is
wired up wrongly. Have a look for it (it's a black box about half the
size of a fag packet, and will either be to the left of the lambda
counter box, or near the bonnet release catch). Check the plunger is
DOWN. If it's up, leave it up and get back to me (because that's in
tripped state and if the car works like this, I need to give you some
different instructions). It will have four wires going to it in three
connections. Black, Black/Purple and Brown/Pink x2. What you're
describing will be exactly what happens when the Black and Black/Purple
wires are reversed. I'm not saying it IS the problem, but you won't do
any harm by swapping them and seeing what happens. If I'm right, your
car won't start with the central lock module unplugged.

As to the headlights, please elaborate, give me distinct symptoms
referring to Side/marker lights, dipped beam and main beam.

....or give me a ring :-)

Best Wishes

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk