Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:49:49 +0100
From: Johnstone Richard <richard.johnstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Re: Classic on the common - Harpenden

Hi Chris, and anyone else who cares.

Well my numberplate on my car is VUR595W, just after Claire's VUR594W.
Looks like noone else has registered a 1981 car at Luton DVLA since
Claire
got hers done last year.

Theoretically I should have had an X reg car, as the VIN plate says
August
1981, However as my title just says 1981 they assume an early 1981.

I could have arranged to take it up to Milton Keynes on a Thursday
morning
for inspection, then they might have assigned it an X plate, didn't
really
want the hassle of taking time off work etc. so took the W reg they
offered.

They were impressed I'd brought all the correct forms including my
customs
form, they say people often forget them.

All I need now are the numberplates, currently on order from DMUK in the
appropriate size for the hole.

Rich

---

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk