[doc] Re: Clutch splines question... LUK Clutch

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stian Birkeland" wrote:
> There has been some discussion on the DML lately,
> regarding clutch splines etc.
[snip]
> But I keep hearing that the 10 splines are the best
> and safest to use. Any truth in this or not?

It is no matter of what is best, but what is on your car...
The clutch sits on the input shaft of the gearbox and
THAT is what defines whether you'll need a 10 or 21
spline clutch, not "what is best".

I replaced my clutch (completely worn) last september
and mine being #05141 needed a 21-spline clutch.

Regarding the discussion on the DML; there's a certain
individual there that simply will NOT admit it if he's wrong,
no matter how much eveidence to the contrary you present.
So I'd disregard most of what he says anyway...
His logic is obiously very flawed...

And if you were thinking of replacing your clutch with
a "better" one you really DO worry too much...

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...
Living the Dream...   Driving a DeLorean...
Shifting Expectations...   Driving a Nissan...

DMC-12 "Dagger" since Sep. 2000
100NX "Saphire" since Nov. 2002