Re: [doc] Re: Wallets at the ready...

"Environment" as in the governments taxing to oversee thier over-spending?

I'm going abroad tonight, somewhere foreign where i wont be able tell what people are saying with a different culture. I'll be working down south for prob rest of this week !

Braintree - Is this Essex? Do i still need white stillettos'?

Northern Nick packing for the trip.....Ay-up, now where's mi cloth cap, whippet 'n' ferrets??

saalexander2000 <stuartalexander@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Don't want to get political but....

There was a rolling scheme that all cars over 25 years old (classics) becam=
tax exempt. Then in '97 something changed.... and the arbitary cut off of =
1972
was introduced. So now there's the ludicrous situation that a Triumph Stag=

(for example) made in December 1972 is a classic and therefore tax exempt
whereas one made in January 1973 is taxed as a gas guzzeller!!!

If the old situation was still in place DeLorean owners would be looking
forward to exempt status in just two years time....

For the amount of money generated from the number of cars of this age still=

on the road I can't see any justification for what they're doing.... in the=
name of
the environment. Maybe I'm just cynical.

Stuart

16686