[doc] 0981 out of customs captivity

My first journey after fetching 0981 from customs captivity was just
as I expected.

It started with a trip to the petrol station and yes it was just as
I have heard from existing members (I always enjoyed the petrol
station stories when I was dreaming of getting the car) "Nice car
mate" and " Bet it's fast" was another comment.  Cars holding up the
queues (have to watch that) curiosity and general interest, very
satisfying.

Then the journey home, boy racers in modded cars screaming down the
outside lane slamming on the brakes to take a look, trails of
traffic checking out the car trying work out what they have seen and
cars cutting in between me and my "support vehicle" to take a closer
look, what fun I'm going to have!

Got back to the mechanic (who waited an hour past closing time to
see his future servicing challenge) who dutifully declared "I must
test drive before I do anything else"! This of course gave me the
opportunity to see and hear the car from the outside, as it blasted
up the street, it was then I realise, yep " I'm living it now"

See you all soon

Gary Tidman
Vin#0981
DOC 257