From: Nick Tomlinson [mailto:nickandkathryntomlinson@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 04 February 2004 09:18
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] Suspension upgrades. - Steering Geometry settings.

Chris,

After your testing with the lowered springs and suspension settings did you
have to change the toe-in on the front and rear? Do you know what values
worked best on the lowered car?

My car is exceptionaly low and wondered if the suspension camber/ caster/
toe is different to the workshop manual like on other modified cars. I'd
rather get the tracking sorted out now before I put more miles on my
gorgeous new tyres.

Nick.

Chris Parnham <chrisparnham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I cant think why you would need one. I think that Lotus know more about
suspension and handling than most.

When I look at my photo archive and see the early pre-production cars, they
all have the lower ride height, which I think is the most important
"correction" to a standard , production DeLorean.

When the suspension was all looked again, for DMCH, using my Delores as the
research vehicle (in may 2000) , Rodey Harvey-Bailey, one of the countries
leading suspension experts, came to the conclusion that lowered suspension,
and modern shocks was the answer.

He does do extra "ant-roll" bars for all manner of other cars, but thought
the DeLorean was OK without.

My car has the full DMCH set up, fitted by Rodey and I can't think it needs
any other modifications. Its suspension is just fine.

To those of you who have "loads of money", go the same route. For those on a
tighter budget, use my front springs and a set of DMCH shockers. For those
who are broke, use my springs and save up for the DMCH shockers.

I know other dealers sell shockers, but I suspect they are just some that
"happen to fit". Rodeys are designed and made at their facility here in
Derbyshire especially for the DeLorean. They are the best.

It's just a pity we have to buy them all the way from America, but perhaps
that will end when the Manchester branch of DMCH finally opens, perhaps they
will be even better value to UK members then?

Just my 2p.
Chris Parnham

To visit your group on the web, go to:

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk