Re: [doc] Suspension upgrades.

Chris Parnham wrote:

>I cant think why you would need one. I think that Lotus know more about
>suspension and handling than most.

Well, the Esprit has one I believe and the rear engine layout begs for
one even more. The DeLorean suffers from a lack of torsional rigidity
(it twists) due to the backbone setup. People who have fitted a rear
anti-roll bar speak highly of the results.

>I know other dealers sell shockers, but I suspect they are just some that
>"happen to fit".

I know about the Grady setup (I have it on my car) and they're made for
the DeLorean. They do improve ride immensely but I'll stop short of
actually recommending them due to some small irritations - esp when
matched to the DOC front springs. I think DMCH's are a bit on the
expensive side. Given the choice, I'd like to try Ed Uding's setup,
being cheaper and apparently high quality. Not many shocks are made to
actually support the car, as the rears are on the DeLorean. One setup
available in the US are modified "off the shelf" units which are a damn
sight cheaper if you know where to look (ask Paul Salsbury).

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk