[DML] Re: Fire damages vintage auto - News - Standard Speaker

[DML] Re: Fire damages vintage auto - News - Standard Speaker

Darryl, sorry to hear to what happened to vin 5898,but it seems to have been a case as to what happened to one of my deloreans a long long time ago.

Which turned out to be a week alternator,not putting out enough voltage to keep the engine firing correctly,causing a misfire of the cylinders and UNBURNT gasoline getting into the catalytic converter,making the catalytic converter into a combustion chamber, burning that unburnt fuel and causing it to turn cherry red,which in a car, that is SURROUNDED with a exhaust system on all FOUR sides...not a good thing..which in turn turned all four sides of the exhaust system cherry red..or at least well above the melting point of fiberglass..and when the OIL based resin in the fiberglass starts melting and touches anywhere on that super heated exhaust...well...we all know the end results... but then in your case it could have been a old fuel line leaking and pouring fuel on the hot exhaust..but my case was a bad alternator..since this happened back around 1987, and the car was to new for a bad fuel line..and back then..they had a problem with weak alternators..

Claude
1024
bric

<*> Your email settings: