[DML] DMC Magazines - DOA - DCS - Clubs - The Solution?

[DML] DMC Magazines - DOA - DCS - Clubs - The Solution?

So it hit me on my drive home tonight.  The formula that *may* work and
bring unity to the answer sought by all.

One thing to realize before I lay out my concept is that in any "conflict"
or struggle there are only two courses of action to guarantee to get what
you want.   Fight for what you want and risk going down in flames trying, or
be willing to make sacrifices and be flexible to get what you want.

That said, I will lay out my concept and see who is willing to do one or the
other.  (this is not an attack on any one group or person, but rather a
suggested strategy where all involved swallow pride, work together and help
the community grow!)

*Note: we DO NOT NEED three publications in the community based out of the
US.  One publication for the Marquee is fine.

1.  Delorean Motor company:  Stop making magazines.  Run your business.
Refer owners to local clubs and events in the area they live in and help the
community grow.  Promote DCS and sense of community to all owners you sell
to or service.

2.  Ken K. and DCS:  Stop making a magazine, and focus solely on the shows
You excel at them and do them very well

3.  DOA:  (Mr. Baker, please do not consider this an attack..)    Make a
magazine!   Delorean world is a GREAT name!   But..  Make it electronic and
FREE.   Have the advertisers pay for the time to design it, etc, but make it
free.   If someone wants to have a hard copy, sell it as a piece of
merchandise at a premium to those people.  I would be your online
circulations will be HUGE!

On top of that, DON'T BE A CLUB.    No DOA chapters, .  Be the central focal
point for all communications for all other clubs and events.  If someone
wants to join a club or simply has an interest in the cars, point them to a
local club or resource to help them out and give them your magazine   CBS
wants to do a morning show in Florida, point them to a local club!   BE OUR
COMMUNICATION BRIDGE!
Promote DCS
Promote the Vendors
Promote the clubs
Promote the online forums (all of them)
Advertise all events and information about the community to those involved
or those looking for more information.

You should become "Public Relations" for all things Delorean.   Sell
merchandise with the DOA logo, and even sell hard copies of the magazines
(to those who want it).  Use profits to send out a quarterly e-mails and
paper flyers with updated information to anyone who registers for it.   BE
FREE, BE THE VOICE, but DO NOT BE THE CONTROLLING FORCE.   Let each club do
as they please, and help everyone grow.
Encourage clubs, Vendors, and DCS to filter information into you, and keep
it fresh.   Its MUCH easier to give people one single source of information
about where to find ALL Delorean information
Your operating overheard without running events, or publishing and mailing
magazines is minimal.

Thoughts?

P.S.:  Ken K.  I know you know where I live, so I will sleep with one eye
open tonight should you decide to come after me for point #2.  ;)

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680
www.grenexmedia.com

<*> Your email settings: