[DML] Re: Tire pressure was proper wheel alignment specs

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bruce Alan" <SingingMan@...> wrote:
> Having not obtained my DeLo (yet), I will bow to those that have the
> experience with them.  Also, I had no idea that the wheels were a
> different size front-to-rear... Why on earth did they (DMC) do
> THAT!?

Same reason GM has been doing it on the Corvette for over eleven years
now - improves handling.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bruce Alan" <SingingMan@...> wrote:
> Is it the front rims that are taller ?  Hence the reverse rake look
of the
> DeLo ?

Are you talking about the high front end? If so, the wheels have
nothing to do with it. The 14" wheels are on the front, and the 15"
are on the back. The front end is said to appear to be too high for
another reason. According to the common belief found in Wikipedia:

"Unfortunately, changing U.S. government bumper height regulations
required modifications to the suspension system and an increase in the
vehicle's factory ride height, both of which had adverse effects on
the car's handling capabilities. Many owners have subsequently
replaced or modified the front springs to return the front height to
the original design specification."

I seem to recall some people believe that is only a theory, but I'm
sure someone here will clarify whether it is or not.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bruce Alan" <SingingMan@...> wrote:
> If there is ONE thing I don't care for with the DeLo, THAT would be
> it...   (doesn't quence my desire to have one ;)  Is it
possible/advisable
> to chance out that 'feature' and go with the same profile all around ???

The vendors sell springs and shocks that adjust the ride height from
stock to something many feel or claim is more the "intended" ride
height. As to how that affects handling, ride, alignment, and overall
drive quality, I'm unclear.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
Tempe, AZ