[DML] Re: Helping other Owners -was Joe

You know typing is not the same as speaking. It doesn't always come
out exactly the way you intend. Not misspeaking, maybe mistyping?
Anyway by now anyone still driving on an origional plastic radiator
should expect it to fail catostophically. Same goes for the water
pump. You wouldn't drive on a 26 year old battery or belts or tires so
 what is the surprise when a radiator or hose pops? Again, owners need
to be responsible and do some maintaince on their vehicles. It
inevitable as our cars age that they will require more care. It is
also predictable. I challenge every owner to look at their radiator.
Jack the car up and peek in through the fans and look at the tanks,
especially the one on the left side. If you see green stains order a
new radiator. While you are under the car take a peek at the trailing
arm bolts, the C/V boots, the ball joint and tie rod end seals too. If
you haven't changed your brake and clutch fluid in the past 2 years
(and it looks like Maple Syrup) expect those systems to fail too.
Check tire pressures. Step on the brakes and have a helper check the
tail, turn and brake lights. EVERYONE should try to do this stuff at
least once a year! Right before a long drive to a club event would be
a good time. A better time would be way before so you can get anything
wrong fixed! As helpful as anyone can be it is always better to get
help BEFORE it breaks. It is better to have a willing owner help fix
stuff so you can go to a club event and not have to worry about
breaking down. Help is out there, all you have to do is ask.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> If you prefer "empathy" you should have said "empathy"...
>
> We need to be careful not to speak out of both sides of our mouths.
> New owners are typically urged to seek local clubs for support. When
> they take us up on the offer, should we chastize or criticize them for
> doing what they were urged to do in the first place?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)