[DML] Re: Florida Delorean Festival - BIG Update

[DML] Re: Florida Delorean Festival - BIG Update

Starting with Friday night, this weekend was the Florida DeLorean
Festival, and it actually coincided with the most comfortable and
gorgeous weather we've seen here in a while here.

Just factoring how quick it all went, the FDF was a lot of fun. We
got to see some familiar faces and as always with these gatherings,
we got to meet some new owners. Some highlights:

Friday Night:
In the evening we watched a screening of BTTF with our cars under the
screen, and all of us under the stars. Pictured is a pre-show,
featuring some "Libyans" and their funky VW bus. Oliver and Terry's
BTTF car was stunning at night, and especially cool to see it parked
right next to the movie playing.

Saturday:
The car show drew several DeLoreans which were parked along the
sidewalk, and following the movie theme we were joined by a few
others including the BTTF car, a Smokey & the Bandit Trans Am, and an
awesome looking Batmobile (and we D owners think we get a lot of in-
traffic pictures taken). An attendee (older couple - looking to
purchase a D soon) bought a lot of raffle tickets, and ultimately won
a ride in the BTTF car.
Saturday evening we had dinner amongst what has to be the largest
(private) collection of the most beautifully restored Packards (and
associated paraphanalia) in the country. Awards were given out, and
overall it all ended with a great feeling of owner bonding at the end
of the night. ?and what a nice guy Jeffery Weissman (G. McFly in
BTTF2&3) was: cordial, engaging, open, and just an all around nice
guy ? he was at the center of all the events this weekend.

Sunday:
We met on an open blue sky, mid-morning, to drive up a stretch of A1A
(coastal highway ? Florida's PCH, as it were), and it was really fun
to see people's reactions along the drive, as well as to just drive
with lowered (toll booth) windows as no AC was needed, catch the
scenery, and listen to tunes (thanks Dave-inside reference) while
driving your own DeLorean, along with other owners'/friends'
DeLoreans.

A really fun, DeLorean weekend.

Kudos and thanks to Dan Harris who worked very hard in planning and
promoting this event. It has been fun to meet up with him at the
Tower Shops since early this year as he proposed this idea, and to
watch him actually take the idea to fruition.

Thanks for all the hard work and resulting fun weekend event, Dan

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan Harris" <whocruiser@...> wrote:

> Just wanted to let y'all know that there have again been some
> important updates for the show, and as always, you can check out
all

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: