[DML] Viva Las Vegas and Gettysburg too.

[DML] Viva Las Vegas and Gettysburg too.

This past weekend a dozen of us DeLorean enthusiasts made our way out to
Palace Station and spent the weekend (Same weekend as show in 2009) in Vegas to
see what the Hotel and City had to offer us this weekend.

First of all the Weather was perfect.  Mid 80's slightly breezy.   ( We
feared desert heat but it was perfect)

The hotel was more of a surprise than anything.  What we noticed was a  clean
well kept Hotel.
My room and Ken M's room were really clean and we felt they were  fine.
Better than I have had in some of the Hotels on the strip. One of  the other rooms
(obviously not completed in the upgrade was ok)
I came to find today what we thought were the refurbished rooms in the  tower
were not.  They were the old style and they were fine as is but by  the show
they will be redone so they can only be better than what we had and  that was
fine.  Very impressed with that.  We could see the renovation  on the 4th and
5th floor very impressive.

The lobby was friendly and nice as we enjoyed the couches while  waiting for
people.

Elevators were quick and smooth.

We ate at two of the restaurants and they were good.  We especially  enjoyed
the brunches in the morning.
Too much food :-).

We were also impressed by the shuttles. They posted a schedule and  Ken M and
Myself did not have cars so we did Saturday and Sunday with  the Shuttles.
NO PROBLEM. They were to the minute,  courteous drivers and quick to get to the
drop off points.
NOTE HERE. If you do not want to rent a car you do not need to.   Driving
tour would be the only problem and we may if successful in Gettysburg do  a bus
thing if it is feasable. ( I could use Rob Lamrocks talents here)

No traffic problems and PLENTY OF PARKING.  NO PROBLEM no matter what  you
bring.

The place where we are going to have the show will have the ability for us
to be out in the open with a great mountain background on one side and  Vegas
on the other.  We also can use a section that can give us some  shade or
protect us from wind.  (One of the days it was a bit windy).
We walked out onto the top floor of the parking and the Security guy was
there within minutes checking us out. So if you are worried about security they
have a great security.

We also had two lost items, a camera and a cell phone charger and both were
recovered.  The camera left in the lobby was picked up by security within
minutes of us leaving and in less that 10 minutes at the security lost and
found.  Usually items lost are not recovered.  Very Impressed.

The grounds were kept very nice and the staff friendly.
Some small shops and stores nearby unlike on the strip so you can get  stuff
from Wallgreens or other stores like that.

The pool was heated and I wish I had time to go swimming.  The Group  also
promised to throw me in the pool at the show.
It took 5 DMA member to do it in Chicago I wonder how many AZD members it
will take????????

I was surprised that rooms are moving very well as I have not checked for a
few months but its on a good pace to fill.

The group came up with a number of ideas and certain tasks were  assigned.

Members of both AZD and Vegas showed up.

This was my first trip to Palace Station and it was everything you see on
the web pages and more.
We are on our way to DCS 09.  I loved my 40"+ flat screen TV  in the room.

As you saw the place photographs well.

But we still have not lost focus on the next show

Gettysburg

Rooms since we announced tower 1 sold out have been going steady so to
guarantee a room get it now.
Once they are gone I cannot make more rooms.  There are 304 and that  is all.

One thing I am adding and I need some input

We will be doing a Bus tour for those that want it on Friday (people that
mainly did not drive their D's)
Details are being worked out but it will be a full detailed tour of
Gettysburg. (cost is being determined)

IF you are interested give me an e-mail (private @ _kkoncelik@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:kkoncelik@xxxxxxx) ) We have to commit to a  number of busses by the end of
Jan. so again seats will be limited to a first  come first serve basis.

These two shows have more planning and people involved than any other show
so we hope them both to be the largest shows ever

Thanks for making DCS and DCS West so successful.

Ken

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: