Re: [DML] Coolant Level - Winter Seepage

Re: [DML] Coolant Level - Winter Seepage

Robert,

Excellent question you pose. Why buy pre-diluted?  It's a matter of
ease
of use, fast and you don't have to buy the distilled water.  I found
that I'd pour in the full strength stuff and over fill and not have
room
for water.

I guess it's similar to why do people buy things like pre-breaded
chicken breasts rather than a whole chicken and then de-boning,
breading and cooking?  Why buy frozen bags of Broccoli rather than
buying it
fresh?  LOL!!!   It's simply just easier.  Yeah, it's more expensive
but when I need to fill my coolant I'd rather not have to mess
around with how much I've put and then add the same amount of water.

I could buy the full strength stuff, pour half into another
container and then refill both with distilled water so it would be
ready when I need it.  But.....that's too much work to save a few
bucks...at least for me.

BTW, can you mix the "orange stuff" with the "green stuff"?  Is it
compatable,  What's the difference?

In another post,it was suggested that ANY leak is bad.  I agree 100%
but I have been warned to not over tighten.  I think it is really a
matter of sub-zero temps shrinking a connection just enough to let
some drips through and when "normal" temps arrive, all is good.
Next time the car is in for service at Robs I'll have him check the
water pump and other hoses.  It's done this for the past several
years while in storage,but I do agree it could make me lax for
looking for a bigger problem. Thanks for all your advise.

Tom Watkins
#05732

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "robert parker" <roberthparker@...>
wrote:

> ...... #2:    WHY would ANYONE buy pre-diluted anti-freeze? That
said,
> wish I had thought to market it.  What a money-maker!    Getting
50%
less
> coolant for the same price as full strength!  What a deal!     Get
the
> "orange stuff" (full strength), a gallon of distilled water, and
mix
your
> own 50-50.   Goes farther, lasts longer.        Drive Stainless
(&
cool)
> Robert  VIN 6924

<*> Your email settings: