[DML] Bad idle continued

I really appreciate all of the input so far, I think that I am close
to resolving my cars problems.

So far I have determined that there were two issues with my car,
both on the fire and fuel side. The injector spray patterns were
crap at idle and moving the injectors to different hoses produced
the same result per injector (bad spray patterns followed the
injectors). I sent the injectors, which were barely 9 months old and
less than 400 miles, back to the vendor I purchased them from to see
if they are defective or simply need a cleaning.

I discovered the other problem when I removed the distributor cap. I
found that the carbon "button" in the center of the cap was totally
burned away. This part was also less than 1 year old, in fact so are
my plugs, wires, and rotor. I have replaced the plugs, wires, and
cap. I was told by some very knowledgeable people that the burned
out contact on the cap indicated that my coil is bad. Since I know
for a fact that my coil is as old as the car I bought a new Bosch
blue coil.

Once I get my injectors back I will install and test them in my
system, if they spray fine my fuel issue should be gone. Hopefully
when I button it all back together my engine will run and sound
great. Have I missed anything? Could there be another explaination
for the burned out contact? I don't want to go through this again.

Nathan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: