[DML] Re: Do I have the "hot start" problem?

[DML] Re: Do I have the "hot start" problem?

It would seem so. One way to confirm would be to do the "Plug Swap".
If it starts right up then you can figure at least the fuel
accumulator. You could also need to clean and replace the "O" rings in
the Primary Pressure Regulator, the check valve on the fuel pump, and
you could also have a problem with the Control Pressure Regulator (not
likely since you say it warms up OK). In many cases it is not one
single thing causing a problem, it can be an assortment of things.
Check the vacuum lines going to the CPR, make sure they are not
leaking and are hooked up correctly. Changing the fuel accumulator is
difficult only becuase of the place it is in, it is difficult to
access. Use metric open end wrenches and DO NOT kink, twist, or damage
the hard lines. Wear eye protection and nitrile gloves. Work in a well
ventilated area with the car up high on jackstands or a lift. The fuel
pump is not usually the culprit but it is always a good idea to remove
it and inspect the insides of the fuel tank. Remove the fuel and wipe
the insides. Inspect all of the parts in the tank and replace any that
are deteriorated. Replace the fuel filter after using up a tank of gas
after replacing the accumulator.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757