Re: [DML] Catalytic converters and California

Re: [DML] Catalytic converters and California

The DeLorean was manufactured to be 50-state compliant, which means that
any part meeting the original specification (like a new old stock cat) would be
legal in California.  My guess is that the converter on the Special T auto site
was not tested to the California Air Resources Board standards.  It's expensive
to do so and the makers may have decided that the extra expense was not
worth the potential market.

Which part you choose depends on how luck you feel.  If you think your local
testing facility wouldn't know an illegal cat from a hole in the ground, you can
go with either part and hope that the new cat will perform at least as well as the
NOS cat and you will pass your emissions test.  If there is any doubt, I would
go with the NOS part.

--
Mike

-------------- Original message from "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel@xxxxxxxxxx>: --------------