[DML] Re: Trans problem-voilent shake

It's not the clutch, and there are ways to check/verify this (first
would be visually which-it looks fine)-if you sit with the brakes on
and the car in first-while you release the clutch slowly-the clutch
engages normally, not higher/lower and again this doesn't happen in
reverse, or any other gear-if it was a bad clutch, it would slip in
reverse as well as second. Plus, it grabs normally when downshifting,
unlike worn clutches that will slip.The clutch was replaced months ago
(July? August?) and been driving daily with no problems so it's not
like i just did the clutch and it just started happening. And, it's
also not engine related-the engine has been running fine and has no
idle/running issues (even when i had issues it never did this). This
is why I am thinking internal. I will check the mounts tomorrow, but
the last time I had a cracked mount my drivetrain never behaved like
this so I'm doubting that. It have hit a few ice patches where the
tires would slip and then suddenly grab-maybe this has something to do
with it. The thing to remember-it's ONLY first, if it was
engine/clutch it would happen in reverse too. With the clutch I did
the overhaul on the trans (new seals over the input shaft tube) so I
know all about the leaking gear oil-nope, not that either. As far as
load? Doesn't matter, even with the slightest RPMS on a flat surface
it will shake-how long depends on how fast the car gets moving-uphill
it will shake more violently and longer until it gets 5-10mph, flat
surface it will shake less and shorter-downhill-not an issue since
you're already moving. Yes, I can feel the shake if I rest my hand on
the shifter. Very much appreciative of all your suggestions! Hopefully
I can identify this and fix it without having to do much. -----dani B.