[DML] Re: oil leak in valley-o-death (was first week of ownership blues

[DML] Re: oil leak in valley-o-death (was first week of ownership blues (crankshaft seal))

Hey Nate,

Did a dealership sell you this car?  There are laws against selling
a car like this where they say everything is great and just patch up
the holes so it'll last for a day.  Especially when a person
knowingly does this.  Take him to Judge Judy, she'd refund all your
money and let you keep the car :)

It truly is ridiculous that you only got to drive it for a couple
hours and then this happens and now the car is pretty much in the
condition mine is.....inoperable.

You could just buy a new block, or a used block, and slap everything
back together....which would cost you probably around 1k to 1.5k
like it says on Michael Babb's site.  Way better than trying to band-
aid it.  Or if you didn't get the car for TOO much, you could just
put a Stage II engine in it, which in turn increases the value of
your car (as most on DMCH's site are selling in the 31k range).

Before you go patching, think of the long term investment and what
you want out of the car.  If you're not thinking of selling the car
EVER, throw an Eagle Premier engine in there or pick up a used block
& slap your cars stuff back on.  Pretty much the only choices you
have.

Brandon
Vin 3323