[DML] Water pump squeaking. How long have I got?

[DML] Water pump squeaking. How long have I got?

I noticed a whirring noise (like a bearing is starting to fail)
coming from the engine. I removed the belts to check things, and
found that if I turn the water pump by hand it squeaks a bit. I'm
assuming thats a bad sign and that its time for a new water pump.

So, my question is, typically how long after a water pump starts
making those kind of noises will things deteriorate to the point
where the car isn't usable anymore. If possible I'd like to wait a
week or two (I usually drive 10 to 20 miles a day) before replacing
the water pump, but of course I don't want to end up stranded
somewhere. Unfortunately my backup car is in the shop, and insurance
is involved (hit a pothole or rock or something and the airbags went
off. Evil evil airbags), so it may be a while before I get it back.

So, most likely, can I keep driving the Delorean for a week or two,
or would I be just asking for it?

I could try replacing the pump this weekend, if I can get the parts
in time, but I'm worried that I may break a bolt or discover some
other problem that will turn this into a multi day project.

Thanks

- Jason