RE: [DML] Troubles-updated/flames from exhaust

RE: [DML] Troubles-updated/flames from exhaust

Your vacuum does not sound normal. Vacuum should be steady at a steady idle
speed. If it was varying because the idle speed was varying, that's okay,
but if your idle speed was steady and the vacuum was jumping it indicates a
problem in one or more cylinders. Rather than typing in a long explanation
of how to diagnose engine problems from vacuum readings, I recommend that
you read some of the many excellent web pages out there which can help you
understand what vacuum readings indicate. Search for vacuum engine diagnosis
and you'll find them.

You might have a misadjusted valve, broken valve spring, or some other
cylinder-specific issue that needs to be corrected.

-Joe Kuchan