Re: [DML] Rear Wheel Squeak

First, brakes on the Delorean are quite straightforward, even typical of
European brake systems-they're Girling.  'Sticky' calipers can usually
be fixed by rebuilding them.  We have rebuild kits for this.  It's a
relatively simple job.  The only other thing could be the flexible hose
that connects the caliper with the rigid brake lines on the car.  These
are barrier style hoses and can deteriorate in such a manner as to make
them act like a check valve. We have them, too. You'll need to do
something about this pretty soon.  The car probably pulls to the right
as you go down the road.  The RH pads will wear quickly and the heat
from the friction will ruin the rotor.

Don't try this at home, but I used to get the front brake on my 1982 Le
Car to let loose by rapping it with a ball peen hammer.  They weren't
Girling.

Here are the kits and hoses:

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=2093&Qty=1&ShowCart=true
http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=136&Qty=1&ShowCart=true

Warren at DMC

sweetp01569 wrote:
> Warren,  I jacked the front end up. The passenger wheel is very hard
> to turn while the driver side spins with relative ease.  I took the
> wheel off and the brake pads seem held against the rotor.  How do
> I "unstick" this or adjust it to make the wheel spin easier when the
> brake is off?  Is there something I should lubrucate that is not
> easing off when the brakes are released?
>
> I haven't looked at a brake system in years, so please don't talk
> too much over my head until I learn the Delorean brake system.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
>
> Vin 10944 - 2 month owner

[very long quote trimmed by moderator]