[DML] 20053 for sale... Eatontown, NJ

Follow up to:

20053 is at a used car lot in Eatontown, NJ.

Engine started right up, and ran smooth.  I let it
idle for 5 min (it is 85+ here in NJ today) and all
was fine.  Took it for a ride, and it shifted well.
It sounds like it needs a new steering column bushing.
 The AC compressor was running, as was the blower fan
but no air (common problem).

The frame has some rust under the engine cradle, and
the front crumple tube.  The rear can be fixed, but
the front is questionable and may need a replacement
crumple zone.

Odometer says about 26K, but car looks more worn than
that. Needs new seats, dash and binnacle. The
windshield pillars and headliner could use replacement
too. . Front and Rear fascias were repainted, they are
the wrong color (too light).

Stainless looked good on quick inspection. No
noticeable dents or scratches.

Engine has some aluminum oxidation, and there is
evidence of recent work (gasket goo on the valve
covers).

Asking price is $13K, he told me to make an offer
which I declined to do (I am out of garage space!). It
is on consignment (so they say).  I'd say the car is
worth $6K-$8K.  Decent project car. Maybe Ken needs to
save another DeLorean from Neglect??  :)

Front license plate had a PJ Grady plastic frame, so
Rob may have details on this car.. If you are
interested in buying.

5 speed, Grey. Located in Eatontown, New Jersey. (Knut
can add it to the production list.. )

http://mail.yahoo.com