[DML] Re: Charge for Phone Time?

The purpose of my calling John was to order parts and to order parts
only as I had already determined exactly what I wanted.  It was Johns
suggestion to call me back in the evening because I was at work and
did not have time to talk.  John said that since I was a new owner
there were some things that he felt that I would need so he offered
to call back without ever mentioning that I would be charged for the
call.  All I wanted was to order the parts.  I didn't need any
further diagnostic advice at all.  I was willing to listen because I
did not want to be rude and I am open to anything when it comes to
Delorean talk.  I would have declined or offered to call back free on
my cell phone had I known that I would have been charged for the
call.  The duration of the call was probably about 45 minutes or so
in which John did all of the talking and pitched his products.  I
listened to the unsolicited advice and did not ask any questions as I
had a prior knowledge to inherent issues that are associted with
original condition D's  What if I had not purchased over $300 worth
of merchandise or anything at all?  Would I have received a bill for
the phone call alone?
--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxx> wrote:
> I have also talked to him for about 45 minuets at the longest with
no
> charge but i was also spending money with him each call, i also
called
> him if that matters.
>
> I have talked to all of the vendors with no phone charge from any
one
> of them. The only vendor i haven't talked to was Delorean One but
that
> is a whole different story.
>
> Mark V
>

> On May 22, 2005, at 6:50 PM, Matt Spittle wrote:
>
> > I'm kind of surprised.  I know that I've spent some time on the
phone
> > with John and was never charged a dime.  Then again, I've probably
> > spent over $1000 over the past few months on stuff from him.
This was
> > due in a large part to his willingness to get me Eagle
Premier/Dodge