[DML] Re: Rich W. hovercraft

Elvis and others,

I appreciate the input, but there were some calculations done
(while Don was retrieving the second underbody), but the parts
guy at MG could not (or would not) get the parts I requested,
so the teams hands were tied throughout the build(s).

My hover conversion setup, with rear mounted lift/thrust engine
can lift over 1200 lbs. with a Rotax displacing under 500cc, so
the 1000cc, 145hp lift/thrust setup on the MG hovercraft would
have "kicked-butt" with a secondary front lift-only engine in it.

The biggest problem we could not overcome was weight of the parts
that were eventually used.  Rick G. got kicked off before he was
able to make his "light-weight" contributions with his fiberglass
fabrication skills.  Once he was gone, we were back to using the
parts Jesse and his garage crew wanted to use; heavy steel parts.
Sorry, I digress.  You can read my side on the DC website.

If you check through some of the Pictures of the Month archives
on the DMCNews website, you'll notice I have plenty of damaged
underbodies at my disposal as well, but I would be fine using a
damaged underbody that Don has laying around as well.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hey, why not ?
>
> I am sure the Delorean can fly, but when I saw the axial fan I was
sure it
> wouldn't do it because an axial fan can't produce enough pressure to
lift
> the car.
> Especially when it is built like the crap they did at the show.
Nothing