Re: [DML] Goodyear NCT tires

It seems the tire discussion comes up more often than any other topic. I think the consensus is that the Michelin Pilot's are the best replacement for the DeLorean at this time. They will both improve ride quality, and handling. They're lightyears above the old Yokohama's that everyone in the DeLo community used to swear by (in my humble opinion). The tires are a little pricey, but look right on the car. Everyone has their own 2 cents on the tires however.

Originally the DeLorean was supposed to be equipped with Pirelli P7's. DeLorean made a point of it to design the suspension of the cars for those tires from articles and telex's and other documentation I've seen. They must have been about the best tires of the day. The NCT's were used in the end for cost purposes. The production DeLorean's every feature can be pretty much explained by cost though. JZD ended up getting very few of his original ideas into the finished car.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

--- "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113@xxxx> wrote:
Wow, that was informative, I didnt realize they werent that good i
should take them off my car then. i thought keeping them on was a
good idea maybe i should just shelf them since theyre virtually
new...whats the consensus on replacement tires?

Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com