Re: The DIRT

I just want to add that although I may disagree from time to time with
Bill R but you are absolutly right about his helping others. On this
past Fall Tour a member had trouble with his cooling fans. Before
anyone else even had a chance to offer to help Bill was under the car
checking the otterstadt and then fixing up the wiring inside the car.
This is just one of the many reasons to cooperate with the DML and
join a local club of Delorean owners. Even though many of the things
discussed may not apply to you NOW listen up for one day it may happen
to YOU. At the very least you will be a much more informed owner.
Keeping many of these tecnical posts in prospective just be aware that
many of the "problems" are nothing more than the less than perfect
care that previous owners had done and the "repairs" that need to be
done correctly. The other main reason for much of the "problems" is
just that many of the cars need the 20+ year old worn out parts
replaced like radiators, coolant hoses, ignition wires, spark plugs,
filters, etc. Having someone who knows what the car should look like
and run like to go over your car is the very best thing you can do.
You may not realize the correct way for something to be because you
just haven't seen many other Deloreans! BTW this is the problem for
most mechanics that profess to work on them! Getting together with
other owners to compare notes will save you tons of time AND MONEY! In
most cases in most areas of the country you will be able to find other
owners that will help. This DML is a useful substitute for that but it
can never replace it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Sorry to hear that guy with the frame resto issue didn't get the help
zillion different fasteners, tools and a Bear engine analyzer. He