Re: [DML] Engine Swap-Out

Lots of info in the back issues on this.. but here is
a list (from memory):

Rover (Buick) V8

Cadillac Northstar V8 (You can have it done to your
car for $20K)

Chevy V6 (one was even supercharged)

3 Rotor Mazda (From Japan)

Chevy V8 (this one was in Memphis)

Buick V6 (Grand National, Turbo)

Honda 4 banger (in the front, with a BIG engine in the
back!)

There may be some others.... And I have been working
on one for almost 2 years now, with hopes of having it
done by Pigeon Forge. If your willing to wait, one of
the goals of my conversion was to make it reasonable
for anyone else to copy (After all, that is the
biggest form of flattering!)

You can do anything you want (As Rick has shown us
with his Twin Engine DMC). It is all a matter of time
and money. If you take the path that has already been
traveled, I think you will be looking at the Chevy V6
conversion. It is probably the most common, and best
documented. Don at DMC (Garden Grove, CA) may still
have some of the bell housings for the Chevy. I
however opted to go a different route, for a number of
reasons...

The biggest problem in the conversion is mating the
donor engine to the Renault gear box. Some
conversions have opted to scrap the stock trans and
replace it with some flavor of Porsche. While this
makes the job somewhat easier (to find adapter plates,
or bell housings), it does add quite a bit of cost to
the project.

The longer you wait, the more options you will have..
There is always someone working on something new
somewhere! :)