Door lights & Interior lights not working

Door lights & Interior lights not working

Ok here's the scenerio....

My lights on my doors an my interior dome lights were working
perfectly. I unplugged the two doors to save my battery because I
was getting my windows tinted. After the windows were complete (I
watched them through the entoire process and nothing unusual was
done) I hooked the two doors back up by plugging in the on connector
on each side and presto..nothing. Now the doors do not work and the
two dome lights do not work in any position. I checked fuses and
everything is ok. Also connected the two wires that go to the door
lght switch with a jumper and nothing...no power to them. The door
buzzer works (which is on the upper switch) and the light on the dash
showing the door is open still works correctly (which I beleive is
the bottom switch that operated the lights as well). Curiously
though, when I close the doors and turn the dome light to on, the
light on the dash comes on showing the door is open and the light
glows very very faintly.

Everything was fine before the tinting of the windows....any ideas on
where to start troubleshooting? Possibly a ground wire? I'm baffled
at this point....

Michael
Vin# 2944