Delorean key

 My son Mike bought 10610 this past February 2003. It came with 3
DMC keys. I wanted a key for me since I work on the D regularly. I
went to Lowes to see if they had one. They said no. I kept looking
around a blank for the next 4-5 months.
We were cleaning up the interior to get ready for the Pittsburgh
Vintage Grand Prix on July 12-13. Under the passenger side carpet
was a key. It still had the sticker attached to it that tells the
key blank number. I recognized the sticker "Access" as coming from
Lowes. The key did not match our DMC key, but it did fit in the
lock. 10610 is a 1982 with the single key. The blank was number 37.
I went to Lowes to to check out blank 37. The associate tried my
DMC key in him 37 guide, but it did not work. It did work in guide
38. So I had hin cut the key. It works. I now have a key of my
own. It make it easier to work on the D. The cost of the key was
$1.24

P.S. We were the only Delorean to show at the Pittsburgh Vintage
Grand Prix. It was great to meet Dave Stragand of Project Vixen. I
was talking to someone about where to get parts and Dave stepped up
with a Grady tee shirt on. Thanks Dave.

Chuck 10610