cold or hot starting?

I just got my DMC back from the shop had over 1,000 dollars done since its
been running. Well, to make a short story very short, I live about 15min from my
mechanic's shop. I picked up the car it runs on a really low idle needs a new
computer, and the idle motor is sticking. It starts ok, and drives fine. I
went to my friends house and parked the can the temp gage was around 220. The
car sat for about 30-40mins. I then went to Red Lobster with my friends which is
about a 20min drive, the car reached just under 220 since it was mainly
highway. We went in to eat at 8:15, and came out at about 10:10, I went to start
the car and nothing. it would just about start then kick out. After a half hour
of trying to start the car it finally came back, and the rest of the night I
had no problems.
The car has a new Fuel pump, accumulator, thermostat, time switch, baffle,
hoses, water pump, basically almost restored, plus more parts does anyone know
what may have caused this?
I drove it to day to work and it ran fine, no problems.

Darryl
5898