Re: New master clutch problem

Bill and List - I have always been unhappy with the way the DeLorean
clutch slave cylinder bleeding is accomplished - The fluid falls onto
the seam between the engine block and the transmission housing that
creates the possibility of getting fluid onto the clutch itself.
Also, as mentioned in some of these posts, the procedure is a pain, to
say the least. I modified Winged1 to incorporate a gravity-style
self-bleeder that works very well. I have also done the same mod to
two other cars in PNDC, and the owners have had no complaints.
Basically, the bleed screw in the slave cylinder is removed, the hole
is opened up and threaded with a pipe thread. A steel line is
attached to a new fitting that is screwed into the modified hole. The
line is formed down around the bell housing, and terminates at a bleed
screw in a small adapter fitting, down near the right hand CV joint.
All parts are off-the-shelf from NAPA. The new procedure for bleeding
the clutch is to open the new bleed screw that is easily reached from
below, and let the fluid flow into a container until all air is
removed (monitoring the reservoir level of course). When finished,
close bleed screw, cap with a rubber cap, top off fluid, and you're
done. If there is any interest in part numbers and additional
details, I would be happy to supply them.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>