Re: Car just won't stay running?

You have to try to eliminate systems that ARE working to find the ones
that aren't. The transmission isn't a likely cause. Most likely is
electrical with fuel being a close second. Since you have a fuel smell
I would concentrate on the electrical. Determine if ,when it dies, you
have spark or not. Some of the usual suspects include, bad connections
on the ballast resistor, intermittant pick-up coil, dying ignition coil.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757