From: gus@xxxx [mailto:gus@xxxx]On Behalf Of Gus
Schlachter
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 2:07 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] funny smell......

My parents always told me that attempting to my battery-operated toys
run faster by hooking them to 120V would do me no good.

Boy was she wrong! She didn't know that in the future, I would own a
car that would require me to be able to quickly identify that exact
smell.

That being said, I have several electrical issues. The fuse for the
low-beam headlights has started to melt, and the headlight switch is
damaged (i.e., wont stay in). I don't use the headlights much at all,
so is this a coincidence or could these problems be related?

My plan is this:

1. new headlight switch
2. all new fuses
3. clean all fuse connections
4. clean all relays and relay connections

I hope that will do it. I cant find any other damaged components but
the wiring does get quite hot in that relay compartment.

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX

P.S. If someone out there (ahem) made a "kit" to replace most all of
the incandescent bulbs (interior, door, dash, tail, etc.) with the
super/hyper LED's, I'd buy it. Just to take some of the load off.

moderators@xxxx

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews