Re: [DML] Looking at a new CD radio--need advice

Re: [DML] Looking at a new CD radio--need advice

Anything will be an improvement over the old Craig unit. Do hold on to it though for when you want to turn your car back to original one day. Also purchase a radio mounting bracket like this one from DMC-Houston http://www.delorean.com/gift_ideass/bracket.asp . You have to either purchase one of these, or grind out your old bracket, because it was made for a shaft style cassette player... a CD player will not fit into the dash without one of the other afformentioned modifications.

I personally really like the Pioneer DEH-P6500... a former list member had one in his car, and it was awesome! It had an "Organic EL display" which played video screensavers while the car was on... it was really neat, and in keeping with the DeLoreans futuristic style. They're also fairly affordable too- go to www.crutchfield.com and search for that model. I've got a Sony CD/mp3 player that was installed by my cars previous owner... and I'm considering switching it out for the Pioneer unit... I liked it that much.

Louie Golden
VIN 10115 Sanford, NC