Overheating-more info

Currently, the water pump is turning, and not making any unusual
noises. Alternator is also turning freely.

The thermostat was changed out 3 weeks ago, and has been functioning
properly. On the day of the belt/hose failure, I had been running the
car around town and it was running at the correct temperature.

The hose that popped off was one that I had recently replaced, so
there is a definite possibilty that it was not installed tightly
enough.

Bleeding the radiator: Can I reach this bleed-off tube that Harold
mentioned without the car being on a lift or ramps?

Nick