Re: [DML] First, Everyday driver

Hey Michael,

Welcome to the group! I bought my DeLorean when I was 19, so I guess it was one of my first cars (I turn 21 in a couple of weeks). I intend on making my DeLorean my only car after I graduate college next year, when I'll finally have some money to pour into it. I drive mine about half of the time right now. I'd drive mine all of the time, but things keep coming up like the A/C going out... A/C is NOT an option if you own a DeLorean in the South... LOL.

Regarding your questions... DeLoreans really aren't roomy. It's always entertaining when my roomate and I go grocery shopping in the DeLorean. I fill up the parcel shelf, then pack groceries around/on him, and have to close him in the car... LOL. In other words... it's not all too practical. I don't find them especially comfortable cars either. The seats are on the firm side, and make my tailbone sore. I'm over 6'3" tall... so entry and exit is somewhat of an acrobatic feat. The stock stereos are 20+ years old. Don't expect anything other than dryrotted old speakers, and a weak cassette deck. In other words, if music in the car matters to you, you'll have to do an upgrade in this area. So I'd tend to reccomend you keeping a daily driver until you get to know *YOUR* DeLorean well; how it suits your lifestyle, and how reliable it turns out to be.

Louie Golden
VIN 10115