Re: Oil Spills

Gee! Your car has a few problems doesn't it? At least they are
relatively minor. For this one you have to get under there and SEE
what is leaking. Some obvious places to start are the oil filter, oil
pressure sending unit (the one on the right side for the gauge) valve
cover gaskets and the most common oil leak, the sender on the LEFT
side for the oil presure light. When this leaks it runs down and
around the motor so it looks like the pan gasket or anything else. It
can be removed and resealed or just replaced. If you did not use a
Perflux oil filter then replace it with one. Maybe when you changed
the filter you damaged the oil pressure sender, it is very close to
the oil filter. Make sure you are not overfilling with oil. Check it
in the morning before you start it up and it should NEVER be over the
full mark or under the add mark. I like to keep mine right in the middle.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757