Sluggish acceleration

Dear List,
I noticed in the mornings when my D has been sitting out for the
night. The car starts right up, and I can zoom off as fast as I
please. But when I am leaving my neighborhood and turning into the
main road. My car then begins to "hold back." I will step on the
accelerator, and my car will not get up to speed like it did a few
minutes ago. And this problem happening throughout the day.
Please help.
~Kramer