Alternative wheels

list,

I had the option of changing my alloy wheels on the DMC for a set my
friend had sitting in his garage of anouther car.
They were the universal fit type with loads of mounting holes, sure
enough they fitted fine and looked pretty sharp.

They were 15" rims with low profile tyres, slightly wider than the
stock front wheels, I can't remember the exact measurement.

The only problem is that obviously the stock wheels are considerably
wider at the rear than at the front, when people have upgraded their
wheels have they kept the same configuration or have they
compromised and used a set that is wider than the original front and
slimmer than the original rear wheels.

Just interested from a saftey/handling point of view.

Rgds

James RGUK