Re: [DML] radiator fan stopped working

Hello Mark,

the fans are controlled by a few things. Parts that I understand are in
the system are the otterstat (round unit that is in the side of the
radiator pipe on the left side of the engine bay. It's RIGHT next to
the oil dipstick but in the aluminum coolant pipe. When mine went bad
my fans ran contantly, I am not sure if it can fail and have them not
run. might be a place toi check. Also make sure the fans are getting
electricity with a 12v test lamp. Be sure to check your fuses, while in
there check for the fain fail relay update or a FanZilla - you should
really get one of the two. If you dopn't have either one you will have
a small blue relay in the bottom left relay socket. REMOVE the blue
relay as soon as you can and replace it with either the fan fail jumper
or a fanzilla. I personally like to use the Zilla family of products
but it's really a personal choice.

Michael
vin# 6067