From: Mike [mailto:mquinto@xxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 8:50 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Dash Led's

Hello,
I purchased 1156 Leds for my taillights a month ago. When I did that I went
ahead and purchased a pair of Hyper-brite Red 194's. I wanted to see if they
were brite enough and would fit in the dash and the doors.
They did, but I never ordered the rest to finish the project. I have been
running the two led's in the parking brake light and the oil light. And they
are brighter.
Sorry for giving you guys the impression it was all led installed.
But now since this subject has come up I will put the order in tonight and
if you wait a week I will take pictures and give prices.

I installed the two red led's that I have in the illumination holes right
above the Tach and Speedo.
And yes, they dim with the rheostat.
I took pictures of the incandescent versus the red led illumination. Much
brighter and looks cool.

Here's what I going to purchase:
6 Red Warning Lights - Hyper-brite Red (I already have 2 so I just need to
order 4).
5 Dash Illumination - Hyper-brite Red
1 Amber Fuel Light - Hyper-Brite Amber
3 Green Turn/Low Beam - Hyper-Brite White
1 Blue High Beam - Hyper-Brite White

The reason why I'm going with white for the greens and blue is, it seems to
show up the lens color better than using blue, amber or red led behind it. I
have these individual colored led's to play with, but I didn't have green so
I could tell you how it might look.
Since I will be ordering 4 Hyper-Brite White Led's I will take comparison
pictures for you of the Hyper-Brite White illumination versus the stock
incandescent.

I took pictures without a flash so its hard to make out the stock
incandescent lighting up the dash. Pictures really don't do the led's
justice.

Regards,
Mike

moderators@xxxx